How to Ensure Your Hair Survives this Wedding Season!
Wedding season means mouth-watering food and drinks, dressing up in beautiful clothes and hair styles, and celebrating till late into the night. However, these celebrations can also take a toll on you and your hair. All these factors can lead to dirty, damaged, dull, and dry hair. So, we’ve put together a list of things you can do to enjoy the wedding season this year without compromising on hair health.
Things to do
Here’s a list of things you should do to keep your hair healthy during the wedding season:
- Oiling and head massage – You can use a medicated ayurvedic hair oil like Neem Ayu Anti Hair Fall Oil or Neem Ayu Anti Dandruff Oil to massage your scalp and head. Called Shiro Abhyanga by Ayurveda, head massage with oil boosts your hair’s ability to tolerate all the styling, damage, and stress.
- Hair hygiene – Since you might be using styling products, or your hair would be exposed to sweat and dirt, it is important to maintain hair hygiene. You can cleanse your hair with a mild, chemical free shampoo like Neem Ayu Anti Hair Fall Shampoo or Neem Ayu Anti Dandruff Shampoo.
- Maintaining gut health – A good digestion allows the body to absorb the nutrients needed for healthy hair. It also regulates hormones, whose imbalance can cause hair loss or damage. As you might have to eat rich foods or eat at odd hours, it is important to consume foods and supplements that help to maintain gastrointestinal health.
- Countering rich diet – Since consuming rich, spicy foods is unavoidable at weddings, you can counter their effect on hair health through routine exercise. You can also try and eat a balanced diet by consuming fruit or simple salads. Drinking plenty of water is also important. Finally, you can also take nutrition supplements like Neem Ayu Anti Hair Fall Capsules and Neem Ayu Anti Dandruff Capsules.
Things to avoid
And here’s a list of things you should avoid doing to prevent harming your hair:
- Not getting enough sleep – Sometimes it is difficult to get a good night’s sleep during the wedding season, especially if you belong to the bride or bridegroom’s family. However, lack of sleep is one of the biggest threats to hair health. Even Ayurveda advises the importance of good sleep, so you should try to have a regular sleep habit.
- Stressing – Stress is hard to avoid during the wedding season, whether you are guest or the bride/groom or a family member. But it is important to remember that stress can literally cause your hair to fall out. It can also cause premature greying and make dandruff or other hair problems worse. You need to take extra care to manage your stress during this time.
- Using excess styling products – The more you mess with your hair, the more damage it sustains, and the weaker it gets. So, this wedding season, try to avoid too many styling products and go for a more natural look. If you have strong, healthy hair, your hair’s natural beauty will be enough to make it stand out.
- Sharing of personal items – The camaraderie at weddings can lead you to share personal items like combs, towels, hair ornaments, or head massagers. However, sharing personal items can transfer hair and scalp infections from one person to another. It is better to keep your personal items for your own use and to use only your own personal items.
To ensure that your hair remains healthy, you need to start taking some of these measures from before the wedding season begins. And you may have to continue your hair care regime beyond the duration of the season to make sure that any possible damage is fixed. Once you know that your hair health is secure, you will be able to enjoy the wedding season fully.
(image by Freepik)